Hanna HI-97721 Iron High Range Portable Photometer with CAL Check
In domestic water, the EPA sets secondary non-mandatory levels for iron at 0.3 mg/L because high levels of iron do not pose a risk to human health. However, levels higher than this cause water to have a rusty color, sediment, metallic taste, and can cause reddish or orange staining to laundry, appliances, and porcelain. Iron is also an indicator of corrosion in industrial settings, irrigation systems, and boilers and cooling towers. The HI97721 uses an adaptation of method 3500-Fe B, the phenanthroline method, from Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 23rd Edition. In the phenanthroline method, iron is brought into solution and reduced to its ferrous state (Fe2+). The solution is then treated with 1,10-phenanthroline at a pH of 3.2 to 3.3. Three molecules of phenanthroline then react with one ferrous iron atom to form a complex with an orange color. The intensity of the color is directly proportional to the amount of ferrous iron in the sample. The phenanthroline method is ideal for measuring samples with a high concentration of iron. The HI97721 Iron Photometer can measure iron in water from 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (ppm).
The HI97721 has an innovative optical system that offers superior performance in accuracy, repeatability, and the short amount of time it takes to perform a measurement. This compact, waterproof meter is extremely user friendly with a tutorial mode that walks the user graphically, step by step, in performing a measurement. The use of a backlit dot matrix LED allows the use of virtual keys which makes the operation of the meter very intuitive including selecting different units of measure, reviewing GLP data, recalling the last 50 measurements, and customizing the meter to user preferences.
HI97721 is completely waterproof including the cuvette holder that is designed with ridges to protect the optical path from getting scratched by the cuvette and a gasketed battery compartment that holds three common AA batteries. The compact design fits comfortable in the hand for use in the field or on a table for benchtop use. The LCD is 71 mm (2.75″) by 37 mm (1.6″) and is backlit for easy viewing under all conditions.
- LED that generates very little heat
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm and offers 25% increase in light efficiency.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette
Stable Light Source
- The internal reference system of the HI97721 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement..
High Efficiency Light Source
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
High Quality Filters
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
Greater Light Yield
- A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes..
CAL Check Functionality
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
Built-in Reaction Timer
- Waiting the proper reaction time is of key importance when performing colorimetric measurements. The countdown timer displays the time remaining until a measurement will be taken, ensuring consistent results between sample measurements and users.
Large Cuvette Size
- The sample cell of the HI97721 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
Intuitive Dot Matrix Display
- The HI97721 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD. With virtual keys, a battery status indicator, and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation, and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
- The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order conserve battery life.
Specifications Hanna HI-97721 Iron High Range Portable Photometer
|Product Name||Iron High Range Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97721|
|Iron Range||0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Fe)|
|Iron Resolution||0.01 mg/L|
|Iron Accuracy||±0.04 mg/L ±2% of reading at 25 °C|
|Iron Method||Adaptation of Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 23rd Edition, 3500-Fe B, Phenanthroline Method|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source||LED with 525 nm bandpass filter|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector||silicon photocell|
|Bandpass Filter Bandwidth||8 nm|
|Bandpass Filter Wavelength Accuracy||±1.0 nm|
|Cuvette Type||round 24.6 mm diameter (22 mm inside)|
|Display||128 x 64 pixel B/W LCD with backlight|
|Logging Memory||50 readings|
|Battery Type/Life||1.5 V AA Alkaline (3 pcs.) / > 800 measurements (without backlight)|
|Environment||0 to 50 °C (32 to 122 °F); 0 to 100% RH|
|Weight||380 g (13.4 oz.)|
|Dimensions||142.5 x 102.5 x 50.5 mm (5.6 x 4.0 x 2.0″)|
|Ordering Information||HI97721C is supplied with CAL Check standards, cuvettes (2), caps (2), plastic inserts for cuvette, (2), scissors, cuvette cleaning cloth, 1.5V AA batteries (3), instruction manual, and instrument quality certificate packaged in a rugged, thermoformed carrying case.|
Produk asli Kami distributor langsung Hanna . Harga murah dan berkualitas bergaransi tentunya. dapat di kirim ke seluruh wilayah indonesia.
Dalam pengiriman produk yang pelanggan beli, sebelumnya sudah kami cek untuk memastikan produk dalam keadaan baik dan siap kirim.